1. Why we have a Privacy & Cookies Policy
You will need to review this policy alongside our Terms and Conditions when you open an Offspring account.
2. About us
Offspring is the trading name of C. Saver Limited of 2nd Floor, 167-169 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PF, United Kingdom. C Saver Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO ref ZA481181) and is the Data Controller. You can contact us by post or email.
(a) Address postal correspondence to C Saver Ltd, 2nd Floor, 167-169 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PF, or
(b) Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What is the legal basis for collecting your information?
Data protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. We’ll process your personal data on the following legal basis and for the following purposes:
- As necessary to perform our contract with you for the relevant account or service.
- Based on your consent. For example, to send you marketing communications where we’ve asked for your consent to do so.
You’re free to withdraw your consent at any time, however this will mean that we will not be able to do certain things for you. (refer to section 11)
4. Information we may collect
“Personal data”, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This includes any data that you provide on behalf of a child, if they are attached to an Offspring account. It does not include anonymous data where the identity has been removed.
5. What we do with your information
All personal data we collect will comply with relevant laws, including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In simple terms, the purpose for using your personal data is to provide you with the service(s) you have selected which will include the following activities: –
- Registration and setting up accounts
- Processing and maintaining your instructions including payments, goals, invitations, data changes, gifts tracking and requests and any acknowledgements you might send
- To manage our communications with you
- To allow you to participate in surveys and other invited activities
- To deliver content and relevant marketing messages about existing and new services
- To protect your personal data and security and to protect our business, such as security alerts, testing and maintenance
- To improve our services which may include profiling information, data analytics and demographic segmentation
Please note that we may also use your data on an anonymous basis with third parties for market research and other commercial purposes.
6. Information you give us
We collect personal data from you:
- When you apply for our services via our websites or our app
- When you talk to us over email, by letter, or social media
- When you make transactions using our services
- When you connect to our services using devices, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other internet tracking software
During the course of registering interest for an Offspring account, and subsequently opening and maintaining an Offspring account, the information you give to us may include:
- Identity Data such as your name, date of birth, copies of personal identification documents (such as your passport or driving licence, which may also indicate ID numbers, nationality and sex) and photographs or other descriptions of your likeness. If the account is opened on behalf of a child, we may also collect the name and date of birth of the child, and other prescribed documents e.g. birth certificates, for verification purposes and to enable activities such as birthday gifting. You may also send us a photograph to personalise the child’s account.
- Contact Data such as your address, email address and telephone number (and in the case of an Offspring account, the address of your child).
- Financial Data such as your bank or investment account number and sort code / reference number where applicable
Such data you provide will be used for any regulatory requirements needed to use our service.
You may also provide us with certain information by filling in other forms, entering competitions or promotions or by corresponding with us by phone, email, text message or through our live in-App chat function.
7. Information we collect or receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties such as savings account partners, payment providers, tracking and analytics providers (including Google) and search information providers and may receive the following information about you when you visit our website or use our App:
(a) Technical Data such as your IP address, URL, browser information, plug-in types, operating system and platform as well as your login information to Offspring.
(b) Profile Data such as selected financial goals and your feedback.
(c) Usage Data such as information about how you use our website, App, products and services.
(d) Marketing and Communications Data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences (which we may also collect directly from you).
We may also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser or device, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
We may use the following types of Cookies:
- Necessary cookies: those required for the operation of Offspring, which do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Analytical/performance cookies:these allow us to collect information about how you use Offspring, such as, how you move around our website and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect personal data. The information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the way that Offspring works, understand what interests our users generally, and measure how effective our advertising is. Some of the performance cookies we use are issued as part of services provided by third parties, like Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies:these are used to provide services or to recognise you when you return to our website. These would enable us to personalise our content for you, remember your preferences and improve your visit.
- Targeting cookies:these record your visit to Offspring, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are set by and linked to services provided by third parties, such as “Like” and “Share” buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website. The third party may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites and present you with advertisements that you may be interested in.
Log file information will automatically be reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access our Sites or the Offspring app. For example, when you access the Offspring site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and other such information.
We may also use capability to help us understand whether users have read our email messages and clicked on the links contained within those messages. This allows us to measure the performance and impact of our messages.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
9. Links to other websites
Our website or App may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, they will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract and may therefore be unable to provide you with any of our services.
11. Disclosing your information
We may share your information with certain third parties including our professional advisors, commercial partners, product providers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
If we sell or buy any business or assets or are bought by a third party, we may need to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer and transfer personal data to any buyer.
We may have a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any regulations or legal obligations, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements. We may also need to disclose personal data in order to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers or others, including exchanging information for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we use third parties, we will insist on contractual obligations that they must maintain the security of your personal data and use it for lawful purposes only. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
12. Storing your information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where legally required to do so.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password or personal identification number (PIN) which enables you to access certain parts of our website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password or PIN confidential. We ask you not to share this password or PIN with anyone.
Your information will only be stored for the period it is needed to fulfil its purpose. We assess the nature, purpose and sensitivity of personal data as well as any relevant legal and regulatory requirements to determine the period of time such personal information should be held.
13. Your rights
Under data protection laws, you have certain rights. We may need to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data and other rights listed below. We do not charge for access to your personal data or other rights listed below. We may refuse your request or charge a reasonable fee if it is clearly unreasonable, repetitive or excessive. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, but cannot guarantee to do so.
a) Access to your personal data
You may request access to your personal data by submitting a data subject access request to C Saver Ltd (see above for contact details).
b) Correct your personal data
You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
c) Erase your personal data
You have the right to ask for your personal data to be erased. We may not always be able to comply with your request for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
d) Restrict the use of your personal data
You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data. by writing to us at the above address or by email. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
e) Object to processing your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest, or those of a third party. In exceptional circumstances, we may continue to process your personal data and will inform you of the legitimate purpose.
f) Transfer of your personal data
You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. Subject to the rules and regulations that govern the services we provide, we will transfer your personal data to you or the third party you have chosen.
g) Withdrawing consent
You have the right to withdraw consent to process your personal data at any time. As a consequence, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree that offspring can use your information for marketing purposes. Offspring will not disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes, without your further consent. You have the right, at any time, to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do so by emailing us at email@example.com
h) The right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you are not satisfied with the way in which C Saver Ltd has responded to your request or the way in which your personal data has been handled or protected.
14. Interacting with our public facing content on social media, our website and blog
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website or social media channels, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website or social media page can download and extract any location data from images uploaded to the public domain.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
d) Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
e) How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
f) What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
g) Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Changes to this Privacy Notice